For the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters the following workshops for members of faculty search committees have been scheduled (please see the rules concerning attendance in the STRIDE workshops after the schedule):
|Tuesday, September 5, 2017||2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Bonnie Ownley, Soren Sorensen||0|
|Wednesday, September 13, 2017||10 AM – 12 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Camille Hall, Michael Olson||0|
|Monday, September 18, 2017||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Roberto Benson, Judy Cornett||0|
|Thursday, September 28, 2017||10 AM – 12 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Sarah Lowe, Jay Whelan||6|
|Monday, October 2, 2017||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Stephanie Bohon, Paul Frymier||11|
|Tuesday, October 24, 2017||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Roberto Benson, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch||16|
|Wednesday, November 8, 2017||2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Camille Hall, Michael Olson||20|
|Monday, January 29, 2018||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Stephanie Bohon, Sarah Lowe,||25|
|Tuesday, February 27, 2018||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Paul Frymier, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch,||25|
The capacity of each workshop is limited to 25, so it is mandatory that you reserve space by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First and last name
- Unit (department, school, center, and/or college)
- utk.edu email address
- UT Personnel number (can be found in the lower left corner of your UT ID card. This is needed to register your attendance at the workshop in IRIS)
- Date of workshop you will like to attend
You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. You will be required to sign-in at each workshop and after the workshop you will receive an email stating that you participated in the particular workshop.
If needed additional workshops can be scheduled. Please contact email@example.com, if you are not able to find an open workshop.
UTK Workshop / Training requirements (updated as of AY17-18)
- For AY2017-2018: every member of the search committee must attend or have attended a presentation by STRIDE during the last 4 academic years (August 2014 – April 2018).
- Only the Search Committee Chair will be required to meet with an OED (Office of Equity and Diversity) representative unless the requirement is waived by OED. OED will offer sessions for chairs in the fall and in the spring semesters (please see the schedule at http://oed.utk.edu/). Each college is responsible for having the chairs of the search committees attend one of these sessions. Any searches approved after the meetings will require the department to work with OED to meet the requirement.
Information concerning who has previously attended STRIDE workshops can now be obtained from IRIS. To pull the information out of IRIS requires running the “Attendee’s Training History” report. The IRIS transaction is S_PH9_46000431. Here, you can enter participants’ personnel numbers, select a reporting period (today, current month, current year, etc.), click execute, and training history will appear. The data can then be exported into an Excel file and filtered to show STRIDE training only. Here’s a link to step-by-step instructions: https://irishelp.tennessee.edu/gm/folder-1.11.13900?originalContext=1.11.14745
For any other information concerning STRIDE or the workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.