Information concerning Faculty Search STRIDE Workshops for the period September 2019 – July 2020.
This page contains the following information:
- STRIDE Workshop Requirements
- Tentative schedule for workshops
- Instructions for signing up for STRIDE workshops (use K@TE)
- Requirements for attending an online Zoom STRIDE workshop
- STRIDE attendance information in IRIS
UTK STRIDE Workshop Requirements
- The STRIDE committee is offering two types of workshops: STRIDE 1 (formally just called STRIDE) workshops will focus on diversity issues related to the work of search committees. The STRIDE 2 workshops will contain a brief refresher of the STRIDE 1 content followed by a discussion of issues related to climate, retention, and mentoring in academic departments.
- Every member of a faculty search committee must either have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop during a previous year or have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop this academic year prior to the submission of the narrative summary package.
- Faculty search committee members, who have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop prior to August 2016, are required to attend a STRIDE 2 workshop. After having attended a STRIDE 2 workshop, it is currently envisioned that no more attendance in STRIDE workshops is required.
- Only the Search Committee Chair will be required to meet with an OED (Office of Equity and Diversity) representative unless the requirement is waived by OED. OED will offer sessions for chairs in the fall and in the spring semesters (please see the schedule at https://oed.utk.edu/searches/). Each college is responsible for having the chairs of the search committees attend one of these sessions.
For the Fall 2019, Spring and Summer 2020 semesters the tentative workshop schedule is given below. However, please always check on K@TE for the exact time and location, since we are sometimes required to change the original schedule during the course of the year.
|STRIDE 1 Workshops|
|Tuesday, September 3, 2019||12 – 2 PM||Student Union 362B||Michael Higdon, Soren Sorensen|
|Monday, September 9, 2019||2 – 4 PM||Student Union 362B||Stephanie Bohon, Camille Hall|
|Tuesday, September 17, 2019||3 – 5 PM||Student Union 362A||Sarah Lowe, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch|
|Wednesday, September 25, 2019||12 – 2 PM||Student Union 362B||Stephanie Bohon, Michael Olson|
|Monday, September 30, 2019||3 – 5 PM||Student Union 362B||Judy Cornett, Bonnie Ownley|
|Tuesday, October 15, 2019||2 – 4 PM||Student Union 362B||Michael Higdon, Sarah Lowe|
|Wednesday, October 30, 2019||10 AM – 12 PM||Student Union 362B||Judy Cornett, Camille Hall|
|Monday, November 11, 2019||12 – 2 PM||Student Union 362B||Michael Olson, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch|
|Wednesday, January 22, 2020||12 – 2 PM||Student Union 362C||Judy Cornett, Camille Hall|
|Monday, February 24, 2020||2-4 PM||ONLINE via ZOOM (Primarily for people who can not attend a workshop on the UTK campus)||Michael Higdon, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch|
|Tuesday, February 25, 2020||12 – 2 PM||Student Union 362B||Stephanie Bohon, Sarah Lowe|
|Monday, April 13, 2020||2 – 4 PM||Online with ZOOM||Lisa Yamagata-Lynch, Jay Whelan|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||2 – 4 PM||ONLINE via ZOOM||Jay Whelan, Stephanie Bohon|
|STRIDE 2 Workshops|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2019||12 -2 PM||Student Union 362A||Camille Hall, Soren Sorensen|
|Monday, September 16, 2019||12 – 2 PM||Student Union 362A||Bonnie Ownley, Jay Whelan|
|Wednesday, October 2, 2019||2 – 4 PM||Student Union 362A||Stephanie Bohon, Soren Sorensen|
|Thursday, October 24, 2019||3 -5 PM||Student Union 362A||Michael Higdon, Bonnie Ownley|
|Monday, February 3, 2020||2 – 4 PM||Student Union 362A||Jay Whelan, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch|
Signing up for STRIDE workshops
The capacity of each workshop is limited to 25, so it is mandatory that you make a reservation. We can not guarantee that there will be space for you, if you show up at a workshop without a reservation made with K@TE.
To make a reservation, please use the K@TE system using the following procedure:
- Log in to the K@TE system at https://hr.tennessee.edu/training/
- Follow the link “Register for Training and Access eLearning”
- Provide your Net ID and password
- Use the search feature in the upper right corner to search for “STRIDE 1” or “STRIDE 2”
- Select the workshop you wish to attend and sign up.
You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. You will be required to sign-in at each workshop. After the workshop you will receive an email stating that you participated in the particular workshop and information about your attendance will be updated in IRIS.
If needed, additional workshops can be scheduled. Please contact email@example.com, if you are not able to find an open workshop.
Requirements for attending an online Zoom STRIDE workshop
For your participation to be successful in the Zoom STRIDE workshop it is required that you participate from a personal computer, a desktop or a laptop, with a camera and a microphone. Participants are responsible to ensure that Zoom is on their computer and that they have tested the system. If participants encounter any issues using Zoom, contact OIT Help Desk at: (865) 974-9900 for help prior to the Zoom STRIDE session. Participants will receive an email from the Zoom STRIDE workshop facilitator with a link that will provide access to the workshop meeting room.
STRIDE attendance information in IRIS
Information concerning who has previously attended STRIDE 1 and STRIDE 2 workshops can now be obtained from IRIS. To pull the information out of IRIS requires running the “Attendee’s Training History” report. The IRIS transaction is S_PH9_46000431. Here, you can enter participants’ personnel numbers, select a reporting period (today, current month, current year, etc.), click execute, and training history will appear. The data can then be exported into an Excel file and filtered to show STRIDE training only. Here’s a link to step-by-step instructions: https://irishelp.tennessee.edu/gm/folder-1.11.13900?originalContext=1.11.14745
For any other information concerning STRIDE or the workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.