Information concerning Faculty Search STRIDE Workshops for the period September 2018 – July 2019.
This page contains the following information:
- STRIDE Workshop Requirements (updated as of AY 2018-19)
- Schedule for workshops
- Instructions for signing up for STRIDE workshops (use K@TE)
- Requirements for attending an online Zoom STRIDE workshop
- STRIDE attendance information in IRIS
UTK STRIDE Workshop Requirements (updated as of AY 2018-19)
- From AY 2018-19 the STRIDE committee will offer two types of workshops: STRIDE 1 (formally just called STRIDE) workshops will focus on diversity issues related to the work of search committees. The STRIDE 2 workshops will contain a brief refresher of the STRIDE 1 content followed by a discussion of issues related to climate, retention, and mentoring in academic departments. Committee members are normally required to have attended the STRIDE workshop prior to the start of the evaluation of candidates.
- Every member of a faculty search committee must attend or have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop during the last 4 academic years (August 2015 – July 2019).
- Faculty search committee members, who have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop prior to August 2015, are required to attend a STRIDE 2 workshop. After having attended a STRIDE 2 workshop, it is currently envisioned that no more attendance in STRIDE workshops is required.
- Only the Search Committee Chair will be required to meet with an OED (Office of Equity and Diversity) representative unless the requirement is waived by OED. OED will offer sessions for chairs in the fall and in the spring semesters (please see the schedule at https://oed.utk.edu/searches/). Each college is responsible for having the chairs of the search committees attend one of these sessions. Any searches approved after the meetings will require the department to work with OED to meet the requirement.
For the Fall 2018, Spring and Summer 2019 semesters the following workshops for members of faculty search committees have been scheduled:
|STRIDE 1 Workshops|
|Tuesday, September 4, 2018||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Soren Sorensen, Jay Whelan||0|
|Monday, September 10, 2018||2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Michael Olson, Bonnie Ownley||0|
|Tuesday, September 18, 2018||2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Stephanie Bohon, Paul Frymier||0|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Camille Hall, Michael Olson||0|
|Tuesday, October 2, 2018||12 – 2 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Stephanie Bohon, Paul Frymier||0|
|Monday, October 22, 2018||2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Judy Cornett, Bonnie Ownley||0|
|Tuesday, October 30, 2018||10 AM – 12 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Soren Sorensen, TBA||0|
|Monday, November 19, 2018||10 AM – 12 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Judy Cornett, Sarah Lowe||0|
|Wednesday, January 23, 2019||12 – 2 PM||362C Student Union||Stephanie Bohon,
|Tuesday, February 12, 2019||1-3 PM||ONLINE via ZOOM
(Primarily for UTIA employes who can not attend a workshop on the UTK campus)
|Lisa Yamagata-Lynch, Soren Sorensen||25|
|Tuesday, February 26, 2019||12 – 2 PM||262A Student Union||Roberto Benson,
|Monday, April 15, 2019||2 – 4 PM||262B Student Union||Camille Hall,
|Monday, May 20, 2019||2 – 4 PM||ONLINE via ZOOM
(Primarily for people who can not attend a workshop on the UTK campus)
|Monday, July 22, 2019||12 – 2 PM||ONLINE via ZOOM
(Primarily for members of search committees started during the summer semester)
|STRIDE 2 Workshops|
November 1, 2018
|2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Soren Sorensen, TBA||0|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018||2 – 4 PM||307 Nielsen Physics Building||Michael Olson, Soren Sorensen||11|
Signing up for STRIDE workshops
The capacity of each workshop is limited to 25, so it is mandatory that you make a reservation. We can not guarantee that there will be space for you, if you show up at a workshop without a reservation made with K@TE.
To make a reservation using the K@TE system please use the following procedure:
- Log in to the K@TE system at https://hr.tennessee.edu/training/
- Follow the link “Register for Training and Access eLearning”
- Provide your Net ID and password
- Use the search feature in the upper right corner to search for “STRIDE 1” or “STRIDE 2”
- Select the workshop you wish to attend and sign up.
You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. You will be required to sign-in at each workshop. After the workshop you will receive an email stating that you participated in the particular workshop and information about your attendance will be updated in IRIS.
If needed, additional workshops can be scheduled. Please contact email@example.com, if you are not able to find an open workshop.
Requirements for attending an online Zoom STRIDE workshop
For your participation to be successful in the Zoom STRIDE workshop it is required that you participate from a personal computer, a desktop or a laptop, with a camera and a microphone. Participants are responsible to ensure that Zoom is on their computer and that they have tested the system. If participants encounter any issues using Zoom, contact OIT Help Desk at: (865) 974-9900 for help prior to the Zoom STRIDE session. Participants will receive an email from the Zoom STRIDE workshop facilitator with a link that will provide access to the workshop meeting room.
STRIDE attendance information in IRIS
Information concerning who has previously attended STRIDE 1 and STRIDE 2 workshops can now be obtained from IRIS. To pull the information out of IRIS requires running the “Attendee’s Training History” report. The IRIS transaction is S_PH9_46000431. Here, you can enter participants’ personnel numbers, select a reporting period (today, current month, current year, etc.), click execute, and training history will appear. The data can then be exported into an Excel file and filtered to show STRIDE training only. Here’s a link to step-by-step instructions: https://irishelp.tennessee.edu/gm/folder-1.11.13900?originalContext=1.11.14745
For any other information concerning STRIDE or the workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.