Information concerning Faculty Search STRIDE Workshops for the period September 2020 – July 2021.
This page contains the following information:
- STRIDE Workshop Requirements
- Tentative schedule for workshops
- Instructions for signing up for STRIDE workshops (use K@TE)
- Requirements for attending an online Zoom STRIDE workshop
- STRIDE attendance information in IRIS
UTK STRIDE Workshop Requirements
- The STRIDE committee is offering two types of workshops: STRIDE 1 (formally just called STRIDE) workshops will focus on diversity issues related to the work of search committees. The STRIDE 2 workshops will contain a brief refresher of the STRIDE 1 content followed by a discussion of issues related to climate, retention, and mentoring in academic departments.
- Every member of a faculty search committee must either have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop during a previous year or have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop this academic year prior to the submission of the narrative summary package.
- Faculty search committee members, who have attended a STRIDE 1 workshop prior to August 2017 (four or more academic years ago), are required to attend a STRIDE 2 workshop. After having attended a STRIDE 2 workshop, it is currently envisioned that no more attendance in STRIDE workshops is required.
- Only the Search Committee Chair will be required to meet with an OED (Office of Equity and Diversity) representative unless the requirement is waived by OED. OED will offer sessions for chairs in the fall and in the spring semesters (please see the schedule at https://oed.utk.edu/searches/). Each college is responsible for having the chairs of the search committees attend one of these sessions.
For the academic year 2020-2021 the workshop schedule is given below. Due to the limited search activity this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have scheduled fewer workshops than usual. Please always check on K@TE for the exact time and location, since we are sometimes required to change the original schedule during the course of the year.
If needed, additional workshops can be scheduled. Please contact us at email@example.com, if you are not able to find an open workshop and inform us about what type of STRIDE workshop you need to attend.
All workshops will be online only using Zoom
|STRIDE 1 Workshops|
|Wednesday, September 23, 2020||2 – 4 PM||Online||Michael Olson, Bonnie Ownley, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch|
|Friday, October 9, 2020||4 – 6 PM||Online||Stephanie Bohon, Sarah Lowe, Kevin Tomsovic|
|Monday, November 9, 2020||1 – 3 PM||Online||Sarah Lowe, Soren Sorensen|
|Wednesday, December 9, 2020||12-2 PM||Online||Michael Olson, Soren Sorensen and Kevin Tomsovic|
|Thursday, February 25, 2021||12-2PM||Online (Zoom)||Michael Higdon, Sarah Lowe, Bonnie Ownley|
|Tuesday, April 13, 2021||12-2 PM||Online (Zoom)||Michael Higdon, Soren Sorensen, Kevin Tomsovic|
|STRIDE 2 Workshops|
|Friday, October 23, 2020||2 – 4 PM||Online||Stephanie Bohon, Michael Higdon|
|Wednesday, November 11, 2020||1 – 3 PM||Online||Michael Olson, Bonnie Ownley, Soren Sorensen|
|Monday, December 14, 2020||9-11 PM||Online||Stephanie Bohon, Michael Higdon, Soren Sorensen|
|Wednesday, March 24, 2021||12-2 PM||Online (ZOOM)||Michel Olson, Stephanie Bohon, Soren Sorensen|
Signing up for STRIDE workshops
The capacity of each workshop is limited to 40, so it is mandatory that you make a reservation. We can not guarantee that your participation will be registered in IRIS if you show up at a workshop without a reservation made with K@TE.
To make a reservation, please use the K@TE system using the following procedure:
- Log in to the K@TE system at https://hr.tennessee.edu/training/
- Follow the link “Register for Training and Access eLearning”
- Provide your Net ID and password
- Use the search feature in the upper right corner to search for “STRIDE 1” or “STRIDE 2”
- Select the workshop you wish to attend and sign up.
You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. You will be required to sign-in at each workshop. After the workshop you will receive an email stating that you participated in the particular workshop and information about your attendance will be updated in IRIS.
Requirements for attending an online Zoom STRIDE workshop
For your participation to be successful in the Zoom STRIDE workshop it is required that you participate from a personal computer, a desktop or a laptop, with a camera and a microphone. Participants are responsible for ensuring that Zoom is installed on their computer and that they have tested the system. If participants encounter any issues using Zoom, contact OIT Help Desk at: (865) 974-9900 for help prior to the Zoom STRIDE session. Participants will receive an email from the Zoom STRIDE workshop facilitator with a link that will provide access to the workshop meeting room.
STRIDE attendance information in IRIS
Information concerning who has previously attended STRIDE 1 and STRIDE 2 workshops can now be obtained from IRIS. To pull the information out of IRIS requires running the “Attendee’s Training History” report. The IRIS transaction is S_PH9_46000431. Here, you can enter participants’ personnel numbers, select a reporting period (today, current month, current year, etc.), click execute, and training history will appear. The data can then be exported into an Excel file and filtered to show STRIDE training only. For further instructions on how to extract training history in IRIS, please see the following links:
Attendee’s Training History for Multiple Employees: https://irishelp.tennessee.edu/gm/folder-1.11.4175?originalContext=1.11.2103
Single Attendee’s Training History:
For any other information concerning STRIDE or the workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.